Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just not that into it...

I didn't work out last night. <Insert shocked face> I got off of work two hours late and by the time I got home and did chores it was getting late and I was tired. Now, I know before I have said that these are the most important times to get after it. I tried, I put on my workout clothes, got 10 minutes into it and could tell that my heart, and my body, were not going to put forth a gallant effort, so I stopped. I haven't taken a "REST" day in 3 weeks. My program has a one day a week "REST" day, and I'm guessing there is a reason for it, but I have opted to ignore their considerable wisdom and forge ahead at my own ridiculous pace. So, last night, I threw on my PJ's and for the hour before I went to bed I zoned out to TV and texting and just relaxed. And, you know what, last night I slept better, not great, but better. So, maybe, just maybe, it's ok to listen to your body when it says, "I need a break". I think mine did, and now I'm ready to tackle today and whatever it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment