Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I did something bad, but it's ok.

I was home from work sick yesterday. Not super sick, but between my insomnia, stressing out, and whatever else, I had a sore throat and a bad headache, something I don't usually get. There was nothing major happening at work and I never play hooky, so you know what, I did, I stayed home.

But that isn't the bad thing I'm talking about. While I was home I got out the tub. You know the one. It sits at the bottom of the pile and contains the skinny jeans. The jeans of better days, days gone by. For me it's the box of 7/8 and 5/6 jeans. If I get down to those, I'll be good, content, I hope. There were a few select pairs of "transition" jeans that I decided to try on. One pair was too big but will still work for work. One pair was too small and I knew they would be. There were two pairs of what I call real jeans, you know, before spandex blends were all the rage, when jeans just meant denim. The real jeans were size 11 and they fit. They weren't what I would call ready for public viewing by my standards, but maybe in a few weeks.

The point is I didn't have a meltdown over the tub. If anything it was motivational. I feel like I can get there. Maybe it's the workout change, or the taking measurements, or writing it out here on the blog, but I am feeling ok with where I am at fitness and diet wise and where I am headed with it. I don't know what made me turn the corner on it, but for now I am in a good place. I am trying, trying hard, and for now that is enough. One can only assume that results will follow. Now, to get the rest of life lined out. Wish I had plastic tub for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment