Friday, February 22, 2013

I've been MIA.

Sorry Final Fifty readers. I've been a little quiet the last couple days. I have been inflicted with the second round of the flu that I have had in a months time. For any of you that have had it, my hat is off to you for surviving it. It's a head aching, sinus clogging, sore throat, throbbing joint kind of good time. Even my crazy, go to work, work out, ride no matter what self tapped out and forced myself to stay down yesterday. Guilt always comes with me taking care of myself, but I'm not eager to have a round three of this. Enough of me whining about my current health...

How does this relate to weight loss and fitness??? It boils down to this. While I was laying there feeling my body turn to squish from the missed workout my mind drifted to those of you that stay home more regularly than I do. For those of you that are stay at home moms/dads, work from the house, or are kept women/men that get to stay home for no apparent reason, I believe you deserve a medal. It's hard to be at home around your food all day long. Don't get me wrong, conventional work scenarios pose their own problems usually in the form of junk food, but at work I'm not walking by my fridge 37 times a day. At work if I get upset, there is no easy access to quick comfort food. At work, I don't have to feed anyone else food that I can't have. It's easier for me to keep a routine and food schedule at work. So those of you that are at home have to have a little extra will power and that is commendable. You have a whole different set if challenges. Each of our walks is a little different, and a little the same. Each hard in their own way. I just figured out that my day to day might not be as hard as some of yours. I just kinda realized that I was glad my fridge was empty and my will to get dressed and drive to the store was less than zero. Kudos to the stay at homer's, and the work in towner's, and the sickies for their fever induced delusional realizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment