Friday, February 8, 2013

Bottomless Pit

Sometimes I am a bottomless pit. As in there is not enough food on the planet to fill me up. Certainly not enough food in my house, which, thank God, last night, was scantily stocked. I put a hurtin on some peanut butter and beef jerky though, and a bowl of popcorn. Vegetable juice was not gonna cut it last night, not in the least. There are many reasons why this happens. I am intimately familiar with them all. One alone can cause this phenomenon, but a combination of them can lead to me finishing a jar of green olives and chasing it with peanut butter and honey straight off the spoon. Sometimes it is stress related. I've been doing pretty good with the stress by whining here in this forum and sweating it out by exercising, but it was bound to bust my diet at some point. Side note, I HATE the word "diet". Sometimes its exercise driven. Every so often my body says "Hey! We are running on too little food... FEED US NOW!". It can be rejection oriented, whether it be a guy, a friend, something at work, doesn't matter to a constant approval seeker like myself. And finally, last night's culprit... Premenstrual syndrome (yep, I said it). I bet if we looked back to my post entitled I had a bad night... or the one about the foods I am addicted to, it would be approximately a month ago. Go figure. I'm sure today will be a cake walk, minus the cake, 'cause one evening usually gets it out of my system, but last night was a free for all for which I refuse to apologize. Which just means I have hormonal confidence right now, I'm sure in a few days I will be kicking myself up one side and down the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment