Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How I measure up.

I decided to compromise. I took my pictures last night and you are gonna have to trust me when I tell you that you don't want to see them. I am however going to give you all my measurements. This alone is a big deal. But, if I am accountable to you, maybe I can be accountable to myself as well. I measured my upper arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs, and calves all at the widest points. I'm going to divulge my weight and size as well (spoiler alert). This is more than just giving you some numbers, I'm laying it all out there. I don't think any of it came as a surprise to me, other than how far I have left to go. It seems like much farther than I have come. I did the Insanity fit test last night. They have you do that so you can check every two weeks on your progress. I was not disappointed in my jumping off place, but I did it in my sports bra and I was shocked at the security and delusion a t-shirt or tank top provides. I decided I'm not going to take my measurements again until the end. It's only two months and I think that I will be more pleased with the end results than I will with a middle of the road gut check. So, here goes nothin... Here is how I measure up...

Right Arm: 14 1/4 inches
Left Arm: 14 1/2 inches
Chest: 39 inches
Waist: 38 1/2 inches
Hips: 42 1/2 inches
Right Thigh: 25 1/2 inches
Left Thigh: 25 1/2 inches
Right Calf: 16 inches
Left Calf: 16 1/2 inches
Weight: 187.8 pounds
Jean Size: 12, comfortably
Shirt Size: L, XL depending on brand
Dress Size: Can't remember the last time I wore one or tried one on
Chance of my fat ass ever leaving the house again: Zero

There you have it. My final jumping off point for the last legs of this journey. The only other thing I can't figure out from my pictures is which is worse, extra fat/pounds, or loose skin. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment