Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year's... 2013 a brand new year, or is it?

Welcome to 2013! Know what I'm gonna do this year??? I'm not making any resolutions. Here's the thing, I never keep them. Loser. They are always about losing weight, getting in shape, and gaining all the great things that come with being one of "the pretty skinny people". I know that is painted with a smidgen of cynicism, but here's a surprise, I'm a bit of a cynic.

So, here is my skinny on New Year's resolutions. They basically boil down to unrealistic goals that if go unmet equate to a failure for the year and a waiting game until next New Year's so we can do it all over again. That's why I started my holiday regroup before the 1st. If you want to get healthy, or skinny, or strong enough to do one arm push-ups, then do it. Make realistic goals, work your butt off, and get results. But don't kid yourself into thinking something magical happened when that ball dropped last night that's gonna give you an undying will to succeed, you still have to do the work, sucks, I know. Obtaining your goals IS rewarding, setting unrealistic goals and not meeting them is devastating.

Forge ahead and know that I am forging with you. Happy 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment