Sunday, January 27, 2013

Reset button.

So, I cleaned my closets the other day. It was about the same time as the underwear purge, which if you were curious turned out well. Today I was "in town" and decided that I could splurge on an item or two to fill the void. Since I vowed not to purchase any more jeans until I drop to the next size, I headed for my second love behind boots, jackets! I found a cute pea coat, but not wool, lighter than that. I also found a nice, funky, fun sweater. Since I am a clearance shopper, I got both for less than the original price of the sweater. Go me! Boring story so far... Here is the twist... After I walked away towards the checkout, I realized I was in the Juniors section. The Juniors section. In my mind I am still a plus size gal. The jacket was an XL, my mind still translates that to 'big ole ass'. But an XL in the Juniors is NOT the same as it is in the Plus size or Women's sections. I went and walked through the Plus size section just to make sure.  Everyday, all day, I still see myself as fat. Don't get me wrong, I am still overweight, but I'm not plus size overweight anymore. I don't know what to do to get my brain to make that transition. I need a reset button I can push before I go to bed and wake up seeing myself like others do. If I don't start to do that, I'm going to keep beating myself up for being the fat chic. I'm starting to think that might not be fair. Maybe seeing myself that way is what's keeping me motivated to finish this journey. Maybe this journey will never be finished. Its something I definitely don't have a grip on yet. Reset button aside, I do like my new jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment