Monday, January 14, 2013

Speaking of addiction...

I come from a long line of people with addictive personalities. I won't go into any details and I can't tell you if it is due to genetics or environmental, but it is there none the less. My addictive personality has always manifested itself in the form of food. Ironic that the thing I am addicted to is also something I have to have in order to live. I mean, actually HAVE to have on a cellular level, not like I need to drink so I can cope, nope, I have to eat so I can live. But now I have to find out what I can and cannot eat and the appropriate amount to not only sustain life but also lose weight. And, not make me jump on the "bad" food wagon. Wowser. That ain't nothin. No cold turkey for me, nope, I have to take a little bit of my drug everyday and try not to trip my trigger in the process. To try and say this isn't fair would be silly. Life isn't about fair and unfair. If you try to live it that way you will be continually disappointed. It is however hard. There will be mistakes, like the fried chicken and jojo's I ate yesterday to combat my hangover, but, today I am shaking it off and getting after it again. I will get over it with a healthy diet today and a good workout tonight and I'm not going to punish myself into a depressed eating free-for-all. That's how I'm dealing with my addiction, how are you dealing with yours???

No comments:

Post a Comment