Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I feel fat!!

You ever have those days? Mine started last night. I have no rhyme or reason for it. I just plain feel fat. And not like I'm bloated fat, like I'm still 110lbs overweight FAT. I know I'm crazy. The scale says I'm fine. My clothes say I'm fine. But my head and my eyeballs are lying like a rug to me. I want to blame a lot of things on the cold right now, maybe its the cold? All I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with a giant bowl of popcorn and maybe some chicken tortilla soup, you know the one, that has fried tortilla strips and a giant dollop of sour cream, and watch John Wayne movies until the cows come home. Maybe throw in the occasional Catherine Heigl romantic comedy. I just gained 2 pounds typing the words "chicken tortilla soup".... Ooop, there's another 2... This could be manifesting itself because I am going on vacation this weekend and I'm going to see two friends. One hasn't seen me in two years, he's not going to give two nickels about what I look like, but I still had in my head I was going to be thinner by now than I am. The other hasn't seen me in 7 years. She isn't going to care what I look like either. But the last time she saw me I was tiny, like size 5/6 tiny. We all know that's not what I am right now. So, maybe that is it, just my insecurity turning my mirror into something you would walk through at the at the circus that morphs you into something you're not. I just wish mine would make me tall instead of making me feel fat...

No comments:

Post a Comment