Friday, January 2, 2015

I Just Didn't Wanna

I REALLY didn't want to work out today. I had myself talked out of it no less than 17 times. I promised myself I would catch up on my workout calendar tomorrow. I cut myself a deal. A deal with the devil.

See, I am remodeling my bedroom. Nothing major, just paint, new floor, redo the furniture, and new bedding. Starting New Year's Eve, I started this project with the painting. Fast forward to today, the painting is done, the dresser is done, today was floor day. This was a one man show. And, I'm not gonna lie, even in my small room, it was an endeavor. I started the day with my cordless skill saw. After 5 cycles of waiting for the batteries to recharge (doing laundry in between so I wouldn't do anything else crazy like work out), I put it back in the closet and went and rounded up an electric one. AKA, much heavier. I got it done, by golly, I got it done. I got it swept, I got it mopped, I wiped all the dust off the walls, I got it done! Tomorrow is trim day and moving all my stuff back in to it. YEAH!!! I am so very excited for this project to be done.

But, after all that floor work I really did NOT want to go shake it off (pardon the Taylor Swift subtext) with Shaun T. So, I walked out the mailbox and what should I find???? Hip Hop Abs arrived today. Well, crap. I trotted back in the house and put on my workout stuff, I did my T25, begrudgingly, but I still did it. Today, Friday, is double duty day. Shaun T always has a regular workout plus an ab work out on Fridays. I don't love the T25 ab work out mainly because I am too fat to do most of it with any semblance of effectiveness. I plugged in the first Hip Hop Abs instead. I like it. Its fun. It is an obviously younger Shaun T that still talks in clubbin' metaphors, but hey, we all did stupid stuff when we were younger. Heck, I still do stupid stuff now!

Moral of the story: I didn't have my best workout day. I got it done, but I wasn't doing internal cartwheels about it. But I got it done. I leg lifted, I high-kneed, I squatted, I lunged, I tilt-tucked-tightened. I got it done. I hope that you got it done too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment