Thursday, January 8, 2015

Some Good, Some Bad

I've been MIA for a couple days. Sorry about that. I will probably be MIA again this weekend. I am taking my Gram on a road trip. I'm cool like that. So, for a recap of the past few days...

Let's do a list of the good, the bad, and the ugly...
1. Bad. I'm sad right now. I have forced myself not to alter my eating or workout routines as a result. It's not all that easy to do, but I told myself that getting fatter isn't going to make me happier. This will pass. It always does.

2. Good. I'm sad right now, but I have not let it affect my eating or exercise routines. I know I just said this, but I figured it should count as a good too. Silver linings and all that.

3. Bad. I'm ridiculous and won't weigh myself, mostly out of shame. As a result, I have no idea if I am actually seeing any results. Way to go Funny Fat Chic!

4. Good. Before I got dressed this morning I had myself convinced that my stomach looked a little flatter.

5. Bad. Then I put on my jeans and they fit exactly the same.

6. Good. Thanks to Shaun T and his fitness regimes, I can successfully and comfortably perform the hover-squat-pee in public restrooms. I HATE public restrooms. They gross me out times 10. So, this is definitely a GOOD.

7. Bad. I'm not in love with Hip Hop Abs. It isn't Shaun T's fault. I cannot move my body parts independent of themselves. Plus, as previously stated, I have NO rhythm. To think that I am going to be able to bounce to the beat with my knees, while simultaneously lifting my hips and tucking my shoulders and pumping a hand in the air is a relatively ridiculous notion. It is an even more ridiculous sight to behold, I'm sure. There is a lot of flopping. A lot of pumping. A lot of me being out of count.

8. Good. I do however like the Night Fever move. It brings out my inner John Travolta.

9. Bad. The weather here sucks right now. There is an inversion. If you don't know what an inversion is, you don't want to. It is depressing and I'm 99.9% sure it is contributing to my #1.

10. Good. I am getting stronger.  My squats are more confident. I am doing more push-ups each time. I am getting closer to doing an actual burpee. My lower back is tolerating more and more work which tells me that I am getting some semblance of fitness in my core. So, regardless of how my pants fit, I am making some progress.

So, there you have it, my current state of good, bad, and ugly. I realize none of them were labeled ugly, but bad is ugly enough.

I wish all of you a good weekend!! Be active, be healthy, find some sunshine, DRINK YOUR WATER. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment