Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Shock and awe, shock and awe.

I went on a little road trip this past weekend. As you read from yesterday, I took the week off from working out which can lead to one feeling a little like a pile of mushy flab wrapped inside a popped can of biscuits... not an attractive feeling. But, I was feeling better, so I just had to deal with the mush/biscuit scenario. I was at a ranch rodeo and horse sale, a big ta-do for that area. While I was there I flirted with a guy. I, Funny Fat Chic, flirted... With a real live, breathing, guy. You have to understand that I don't do that all that often. And for a guy to make the effort to come over and flirt with me is basically non-existent, or at least it has been for quite some time and 120lbs ago. Needless to say, I was in some uncharted territory. I have never been the girl that can play coy, or has those magical mind game powers over men. I generally come off as being "one of the guys", and that's fine, I'm not a girly girl, but I do clean up nice and its not so bad that I get mistaken for being lesbian or anything (no offense if you are), or an actual guy. Anyways, this guy did make the effort, he came over and introduced himself, we had a great interaction and then it was over. It was fun, and an ego boost when I needed one. He doesn't know that and he doesn't need to. But my observation from the exchange is that someone finding you attractive is quite the high. I'm sure pretty people become immune to it like any given drug, you have to have higher quantities to keep getting that feeling. But for me, someone that doesn't have that happen on a daily basis, it was quite nice. I learned that flirting was fun, doesn't have to lead to anything, and can put an extra spring in your step.

No comments:

Post a Comment