Monday, March 25, 2013

Insanity: Week 4


I walked a little taller this week. Is it possible Insanity is improving my posture??? I think it may be improving my attitude. This was the end if month 1. I now have what they call a recovery week before starting month 2. You still workout, but I'm not sure what it's going to entail. Somehow I instinctively know Shaun T will find a way to make me sweat anyways. I'm excited and a little afraid of what month 2 will bring. I feel like the real work is about to ensue. As a reward for finishing the first month I did a little retail therapy. I scored a pair of size ten jeans that are what I want to comfortably wear by the end if this next month. I can get them on, but again, I don't feel they are fit for pubic viewing. By the way, I am happily rocking my 11's now, the real jean 11's, no lycra here! I also bought some funky fun workout shoes because everyone should feel funky and fun while working out. Plus, a couple pairs of workout pants WITH drawstring waists to avoid the embarrassing pants around the ankles scene that had become routine during my workouts. I polished off my "treat myself" weekend by taking the dogs for a long hike on Sunday. So, all in all a pretty good weekend after working hard all week. I feel like I completed my workouts proficiently and that I was keeping up for the most part with the people in the video. I'm still not sore at all which leads me to believe I should enjoy that feeling for a few more days before month 2 starts.  I picked out two women in the video I would like to look like. They aren't what I would describe as super skinny, but they are super fit and athletic looking. That's what I would like to be. If I don't get into my size 6 jeans that's ok (a bit of a waste, but ok), but I want to look fit, athletic, and healthy. Last time I was so skinny I ate next to nothing and ran 8+ miles a day and worked out on the other end of the day. I was exhausted all the time and thought of nothing else but staying skinny. I was miserable and obviously didn't maintain it. This time, I feel good, no, I feel great, I feel like I am building some manageable maintenance tools, and I've reached a place where I'm not miserable. Am I 24/7 happy, heck no, who is??, but I'm not killing myself to obtain my goals, I'm just working towards them, consistently.

Insanity: Week 4 Results

Weight: 178.0 (down 2.4 lbs)
Measurements: Not until the end
Motivation: Good! I'm looking forward to my recovery week and am excited to see what my results will be in the final month. I really want to measure myself, but I'm letting the anticipation keep driving me forward.
Strength Factor: Very good! I feel right as rain right now. I believe this might be the calm before the storm. I may feel like a pile if wet noodles after month 2 starts, only time will tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment