Friday, March 22, 2013

It's good to have goals.

My newest and most current goal is to not have to worry about sucking in my stomach all the time. I think, think, it's getting flatter, but I know it still has what looks like a deflated tire hanging off of it, so, here is me, sucking in my stomach. Now, this isn't the best example of a healthy, motivating goal, but what can I say, not every thought I have is a pure as the driven snow. Despite the off-handedness of my current goal, my heart is in the right place. It is good to have goals. They give you something to strive for. I have many... MANY... goals. Everything from my weight, to pants size, to number of burpees I can do in a minute (thanks to Insanity's Fit test, that ridiculous move is now a motivational goal in my life, who knew?), to emotional goals, and professional ones... the list goes on. What I am beating around the bush about is that if you don't set a destination in mind you won't be as driven as if you are just going through the motions for no apparent reason. Just doing your workouts so that you can say you did them isn't quite enough. I know, as if getting it done wasn't hard enough, now you have to try. I was feeling VERY lead footed the other night and I had to dig a little deeper to push myself through the workout and really get after it. When I was done, I was darn glad I did. I was flopping around, realized my stomach was flopping with me and I got my hiney in gear. See, my goal of not having a flopping stomach came in handy, just when I needed it. So, over the weekend I challenge all of you readers to set yourself some goals. Don't put unrealistic time lines on them, that is where goals get dangerous, when we make them unattainable, but do set some. Give yourself something to work towards. And when you reach them, REJOICE, CELEBRATE, TREAT YOURSELF TO SOME SKINNY JEANS AND CUTE SHOES. Ok, that's what I'm gonna do, what are you gonna do??

No comments:

Post a Comment