Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Regrouping

I have been trying to just write about Insanity one day a week on Insanity update day, but after the bad day on Monday it stands to reason that I should let you in on how things went yesterday. This is the time of year when things get really busy at my work and the physical part of my job gets, well, more physical. So, I am usually a little spent at the end of the day. But, that is no excuse. I know I will survive this better if I keep going with my exercise routine. Not to mention it is a good way to burn off the stress of the day. Here is a spoiler alert... I felt better after exercising last night, not astronomically worse like I did the night before when I ate my way through a bad evening. So, back to Insanity... I had to do a Fit Test last night and the first workout of month 2. The Fit Test went well. My numbers didn't double like last time, and some stayed the same, but I wasn't expecting huge jumps like the first time. I did increase several of the moves and felt pretty good about that. Then came the workout. Now, I was already a little spent from the Fit Test, you do go all out for 8 different moves for one minute each, it's not extremely hard, but it's no walk in the park either. The month 2 workouts are longer, this one was an hour. And let me tell you something, month 1 meant NOTHING. This was an all out sweat fest and I'm still not sure my heart rate has come down. My clothes were wringing wet when I got done, literally. Shaun T knocked the holy heck outta me and it was exactly what I needed. I needed to sweat, and groan, and fight my way through a gruelling workout. It did more for me mentally than anything I ever put in my mouth has. I just wish when I get blindsided by those days that I would remember that good feeling of accomplishment I feel after a workout instead of the self-loathing feeling I have after a bad night. So, I shall continue my quest on Insanity and hopefully get better at these month 2 workouts because I definitely didn't complete it perfectly last night, but I'm gonna work on it. I'm glad that I regrouped, got my act together, and am back on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment