Monday, April 15, 2013

Insanity: Week 7

It's hard to believe I only have 2 weeks of Insanity left. I have a feeling I'm not going to hit all my goals, but it won't be for lack of trying. I did have a surprising event happen. They added back in the abs workout this week and I made it all the way through without cheating (some call it modifying, I call it cheating). I was quite surprised, and pleased.

I also made a mistake yesterday. I had an innocent thought. I thought, "Hey, I only have 2 weeks left of Insanity, maybe I should crack the box on the next workout and see what's in store for me." Who thought things could get harder than the second month of Insanity. TapoutXT2 I already knew would be challenging because I started with TapoutXT and it was tough. But the upcoming XT2 is gonna be a butt kicker. It has just a mere 2 days off in the first month and no days off in the second. The shortest workout is an hour and some range into 90+ minutes. If that doesn't tone up the rest of my flab then I think my quest may be hopeless. I think I opened the box so that these next two weeks of Insanity would seem super easy. And mind you, Insanity isn't exactly a walk in the park. 60 days of XT2 will take me to the first of July... Here's hoping I'll be ripped for summer!!

INSANITY: WEEK 7 RESULTS
Weight:
175lbs (Down 4.4 lbs. For the first time in years my driver's license isn't a lie)
Measurements: Not until the end, which is getting close. I did try on some jeans and I can fit some 10's in a couple of brands, yeah me, one step closer to single digits.
Motivation: Pretty darn good now that I have seen what I have to look forward to. I better rock these last two weeks so I am properly prepped for the next go round. To quote Shaun T...DIG DEEPER Y'ALL!!
Strength Factor: Good, I'm not so sore this week, I am getting better in my form, doing more "boy" push-ups, and I am getting some definite definition in my arms. All good stuff.

On a nutrition side note, I had a hard weekend. I didn't eat anything quote/unquote bad for me, but I was super snacky. My weekend plans got tanked and I was a little pouted up about that. The weather was crappy here Saturday and kept me inside too much. I have a couple things I'm stressed about. So, there you have my list of excuses. None worth stuffing my face, so, back to routine and structure tomorrow on Monday. I usually can tell if I've I lost or not before I step on the scale. It's weird, I thought for sure I had gained, I think I had some wires crossed this past week. Time to get unravelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment