Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I had a weak moment... Or two.

I came really close to doing something that goes against all the methods and hard work I have used to lose weight. Strange things happen when you get close to your goal. With weight loss the closer you get to your goal, the harder (or slower) it is to achieve. As a result you get a little (or a lot) desperate to get there. You start to think of quick fixes that would get you where you want to be in instant gratification style. You'll do anything to get to that goal weight/size/body. Enter the ridiculous junk mail. 

I received a flyer for green coffee extract pills, you know, the latest and greatest diet fad. They are being peddled by the infamous, multi-billion dollar, I don't even know if he's a real doctor, Dr. Oz. They claim to drop 5lbs every three days and you can still eat a bunch of crap and never get off of your couch. It's a weight loss miracle!! And for $104 you can get a 4 month supply. They had tons of skinny chic pictures that claimed they were 90lbs heavier 7 hours ago. Yeah, sure, right, show me your stretch marks and then we'll talk. It all sounded too good to be true, which leads me to believe it probably is. And even if it does work it's probably not sustainable. And I can do a lot with a hundred bucks. But the real reason I didn't order them was you guys. I could not figure out how to justify to my audience how I was gonna make the jump from fitness & healthy eating to pill popping. There is no justification other than lack of patience on my part. So, there you have it. You guys have helped me stay true to my program and my health. So you may not be "doctors" like Dr. Oz, but you have aided in me making the right decision.

My other weak moment was the body wraps that you see everywhere. I passed on those too, I think they may just be high dollar saran wrap. I am striving for those single digits and in the mean time I am going to try and appreciate my body for all the things it can do (like burpees!!!) and not for its current appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment