Monday, April 27, 2015

Stranger things have happened...

Stranger things have happened... Just not to me lately.

Running was interesting today.

For starters I had a lot of gas in the tank. Last week, I REALLY struggled on my running days. My feet were like concrete blocks, my joints ached, it was windy as all get out, I struggled to keep my lungs full of air, and I wanted to whine. But, I just plowed on through and decided to see what this week would be like. When I took off today, I felt like I could run forever. I was light of foot. I didn't even really break a sweat until the last 15 minutes. I felt great. I was instantly surprised. The sprints were easier, the longer distances didn't bother me in the least, I didn't run out of air one time. Either there really is something to the interval training or there was something wrong with me last week. Either way, I was kinda bummed out when my run was over today. Weird.

My runs and walks have turned into treasure hunts. So far I have collected a cotter pin that now resides on my key chain, a neon yellow golf ball, and today, a nice rope halter (no lead). All sorts of weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment