Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Eternal Fat Kid

Raise your hand if you are an eternal fat kid... ok, put down the left over Christmas pie and then raise your hand.
Raise your hand if you are getting ready for the big New Year's "I'm gonna lose X pounds this year" and are celebrating by getting in as much of your favorite foods as you can now.
Raise your hand if dieting and the vicious circle of frustration that accompanies it is a way of life for you.
If at any point you raised your hand, this blog is for you. Well, its for me too, to be honest. And, while we are being honest... I wanted to start this because I am at a critical point in my weight loss, the point where I am tired, tired of fighting, tired of full out exercising, tired of counting, tired of juicing, tired of everyone weighing in, just plain tired. But I don't want to quit. This is the second time in my life I have ditched this weight and I don't want to shoot for a third. I have lost 107 pounds since April 20th, gained back 10 over the holidays and I am now ready to kick that final 50. Is it going to be easy, no, the first 107 weren't, why should these be. Its gonna be hard, the last ones always are, as any chronic dieter knows, but I have things I want to do and this 50 is holding me back. So, maybe saying all the things you aren't supposed to say, telling all the dirty little food secrets, and laying out all the nasty, nitty gritty details will make this final 50 go by the wayside a little easier. So, welcome to my final 50, it should be a good ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment