Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Marco... Polo

What's that, Funny Fat Chic, have you been absent becasue you have been at the bottom of a pool??? No, not quite. For starters, I can't swim. And, not for lack of trying either. I sink, bottom line. I have been MIA this past week due to the fact that it is beginning to be a CRAZY BUSY SUMMER!!! I apologize for my neglect of this here blog. Here are some observations I have had over the past week that should fill you in on my state of mind/being/and general thought processes.

1) My arms no longer hit my sides when I walk. this could be due to one of two reasons. A) I am finally thin enough that this no longer happens... or B) My football player stature has me walking around looking like "The Rock". You be the judge. Now, if only I could get my thigh to stop touching. They seem to be attached at the hip... Get it?

2) Extreme workout videos don't work for me during the summer months. I got a lot goin on and 85+ minutes a day is a little too much. I know that Pinterest would tell there is someone busier than me out there exercising and I should feel all kinds of shame for not doing TapOut XT2 right now, but you know what, NO, I will not feel bad about this. I bought a book full of exercises and it has workout programs in the back. They are mainly strength training and focus a lot on core stuff. The workouts take about 40+ minutes. I love it. I plug in my iPod and get it done. I feel good, it fits my schedule, and I needed a break from being bossed around. Will I go back to TapOut?? Absolutely, but probably not until this Fall. So there.

3) I have a wedding to go to. I can't find a thing to wear. I am in between sizes. I mean, I can get the 9's on and zipped and some people would wear them... They are too tight for me to make an appearance in them by my standards. The 10/11's look frumpy on me. So now I am just frumpy and grumpy. Bad combination.

4) I LOVE summer. It's riding, hiking, road tripping season and I LOVE it.

5) I may be in a perpetual state of sorta fat. I'm no longer full fledged fat, but I am not thin/skinny/ripped yet either and progress is sloooooow. Like I mean sloooooow. Especially slow for an impatient person (raised hand... that's me!!). So, here I am in between sizes, sorta fat. Sigh.

6) I sustained myself for three days last week on nothing but turkey jerky, vegetable juice, and peanut butter. This was not intentional, but it sure happened. Weird.

7) I had someone point out to me the other day that everyone needs a leg up sometimes. It was in reference to some life decisions that I am making right now, and certain circumstances have caused me to scale back a little more than I wanted, thus making me irritated, upset, etc. If I would be willing to accept help I could up my timeline, if I am stubborn and proceed on my own accord things will go more slowly. Heavy stuff man. Weighs on my mind. Weighs on my psyche. Make me put my hand to my mouth with popcorn in it. Oh, my emotional comfort food, it continually stands the test of time. Still undecided...

So, there you have it, the good, the bad, and the ugly from the bottom of the pool.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love this. Very candid and I am with you on the thigh thing... my ultimate goal is to get those two to quit touching. Can't tell you how many pairs of pants I've had to throw away due to wear holes. Darn friction.

    ReplyDelete